2017 Nonprofit of the Year Award winner and 2018 Touchstone Award Nominee, the Lake County DAC, Inc. seeks
2 individual program professionals for our organization who possess a core belief of promoting excellence and empowerment.
This position is supporting program individuals in a recycling center and in the community.
Responsibilities and Duties (not limited to):
- Implementation of individual program plans
- Medication/Treatment Administration
- Vocational training and job coaching on site and in the community
- Maintain a safe and hazard free site
- Communicate orally and in writing when completing individual and agency goals, plans, and policies
- Maintain accurate and required documentation relating to program plans, training files, and contracts using legible handwriting and use of computer
- Actively participate in professional training opportunities and requirements
- Provide safe transportation to individuals as needed
- Participate in team meetings upon request
- Be responsible for information concerning agency policy and procedures
- Maintain confidentiality and data privacy
- Efficient in sorting, moving, processing and preparation for shipment of recyclables
Qualifications and Skills
Required: At least one year of supporting individual(s) with Developmental Disabilities or related conditions and proficient ability of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel), valid driver’s license.
Preferred:CPR/First Aid certified, forklift certified, experience in supporting individuals through person-centered support plans, medication administration certified
Health, dental, Simple Ira, life insurance, and paid time off
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $10.25 /hour
Send resume & cover letter to: Michelle McDonald, firstname.lastname@example.org by October 30, 2018.
Looking to make a difference? Would you like to have fun and a flexible schedule?
Then join our team and let your day’s work enrich a life!
You will organize, coordinate and manage volunteer recruitment for activities, programs and committees. Essential functions include:
- Work with social, civic and local organizations to cultivate partnerships to engage volunteers
- Recommend and develop ongoing volunteer roles and opportunities
- Coordinate interviews and training for all prospective volunteers
- Implement volunteer recognition program and conduct annual volunteer program evaluation
- Coordinate volunteer schedule with DAC staff members, identify needs and gaps, and integrate volunteers into programs or activities
- Maintain accurate records on all volunteers and volunteer activities
- Attend Board, committee and community meetings as needed
- Maintain consistent, effective communication with volunteers to provide support and show appreciation.
Position is 12 hours per week and we offer a competitive wage starting at $15/hour. Required Qualifications: Two years post high-school education in social sciences, communication or related field, minimum of three years’ experience successfully managing volunteer programs, and a valid driver’s license. Experience with DHS 245 regulations a plus.
Send resume & cover letter to: Cheryl Hedine, email@example.com by October 19, 2018.
Join our Team!
Lake County DAC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer